The National Enquirer Has Pictures of Zac Efron High on Hillbilly Heroin


More details have been emerging about Zac Efron‘s drug habits, and the National Enquirer has now purchased photos allegedly showing Zac passed out after overdosing on oxy. Because they’re super classy like that.

The incident happened in January of this year, when he opened up his Manhattan hotel room for a massive party. Before going to the room, sources say Zac asked guests to purchase 40 oxycodone pills off the street for $1200 — instead of spending it on, say, a metric ton of fun board games. (Scattergories, anyone?) Adderall and weed were also supposedly consumed.

Reports suggested Efron snorted multiple pills combined with booze before having sex with an anonymous brunette. Then he collapsed and had to be resuscitated by a guest.

The source — who apparently doesn’t know Zac’s been in rehab since then — said the actor needs to clean up his act. (Sadly, though, said source missed an opportunity to tell him to get his head in the game.)

Zac Efron Was Recently a Raging Cokehead

Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures

Did you know Zac Efron went to rehab earlier this year? Yeah, pretty much no one did until E! reported it this afternoon, with a source saying he’s now “healthy, happy and not drinking.”

Except according to TMZ, it wasn’t booze Zac had issues with — it was blow and Ecstasy. And the issues were harsh.

We’re told the problem spiraled out of control during the filming of Seth Rogen’s movie “Neighbors,” which was shot during a narrow time frame beginning in April.

Sources tell us Zac — who also starred in the movie — was a no-show on a number of days. As one source connected with the film tells us, “It was common knowledge he was struggling with cocaine.”

Three other sources confirm … Zac’s problem was rooted in cocaine, but say he also dabbled in Molly — a pure form of Ecstasy, and a popular drug in clubs and raves.

We’re told … early this year, Zac and some friends went on a coke rager in a room at the SkyLofts at the MGM Grand in Vegas … and caused around $50k in damage. No word on who took care of the bill.

The hell? A few hours ago we weren’t even aware Zac Efron had a substance abuse problem, and now we find out it was so bad that he used to go on all-out coke-fueled benders and trash hotel rooms like a ’70s era rock star? And no one who knew talked about it until now?

Damn. Nicely done, Efron camp. I don’t know who you paid off and how much, but even keeping the story quiet this long was money well-spent.